[NFBP-Talk] Today's Zoom Events

Joseph Drenth joe.drenth at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 15:13:46 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

Below are the events we are holding today via Zoom. Information for
connecting to our events is at the end of this email.

Also, the recordings of most of our events to date are now available on our
archive web page for your listening pleasure:

http://nfbp.org/archive

Here are the events for today:

Beginner JAWS Training with Joe - Monday, April 27,  from noon to 12:45PM
EDT.

Please join us as we explore the capabilities and usability of the
industry-leading JAWS screen reading application. Mondays will be devoted to
beginner-level JAWS skills.

Coffee with Emily - Monday, April 27,from 2PM to 3PM EDT.

We will discuss legislative issues facing blind Americans, laws affecting
the education of your blind children, and our Braille Enrichment for
Literacy and Learning (BELL) programs scheduled for this summer. Parents,
teachers of blind students, and anyone interested in the topics of
legislation, parenting, and education are encouraged to join us. Please note
that this event is informative and does not represent any form of legal
advice. To contact Emily, email her at: vp2 at nfbp.org <mailto:vp2 at nfbp.org>

Reading Roundtable with Marsha - Monday, April 27, from 5PM to 6PM EDT.

Pull a chair up to the table and share with us about your favorite books and
reading media. Have you discovered any new favorites recently at home while
practicing social distancing? Let's talk about them.

Pittsburgh Round Up with Emily - Monday, April 27,from 7PM to 8PM EDT.

If you live in or near the Pittsburgh area of Pennsylvania, please join us.

Here is how to participate in these events:

1. From within the free Zoom Cloud Meetings app on your iPhone or Android,
just hit the "Join" button on the "Meet and Chat" tab and then enter our
meeting ID: 215 988 0888.

2. Click the following link, which will open the meeting using the app or
your web browser:

https://zoom.us/my/nfbpennsylvania

3. On a mobile phone, click either of the  following "One Tap" links, based
on which one is nearest to your location:

+13126266799,,2159880888# (Chicago)

+16468769923,,2159880888# (New York)

4. Using a standard telephone, dial 646-876-9923,

and then enter our meeting ID when prompted: 215 988 0888.

Joseph Drenth

First Vice-President, National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania State Board of Vocational Rehabilitation

Senior R&D Software Engineer, JBT Corporation, Automated Systems Division

Cell: 215-827-7787

Email: joe.drenth at gmail.com <mailto:joe.drenth at gmail.com>