[NFBP-Talk] White Cane Coffee fundraiser reminder

Brian Mackey bmackey88 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 20:17:47 UTC 2020

Hi Everybody!

Hope you are all doing well.  Having my afternoon coffee and thought I would
send out a quick note.

Earlier this month, a group went down to walk the hill in Washington DC at
the annual NFB Washington Seminar.

The three pieces of legislation that we focused on this year are the Access
Technology Affordability Act, the Accessible Instruction Materials in Higher
Education Act, and the Greater Access and Independence through Nonvisual
Access Technology Act.

Some of you may already know that Rep. Mike Kelly from the Erie area was one
of the lead co-sponsors for the Access Technology in the House and Senator
Bob Casey was an original on the version in the Senate.  While there, we
presented both of these gentlemen with a copy of the resolutions we past at
the 2019 State Convention, recognizing their hard work on behalf of the
blind.

If anyone is interested in learning more or helping us to reach out to local
representatives, please email me at skewbdobdo at verizon.net
<mailto:skewbdobdo at verizon.net>

You can always enjoy your coffee with me, by ordering here, and 10% will go
to the affiliate so we can continue our work.

 <https://whitecanecoffee.com/ref/nfbp> https://whitecanecoffee.com/ref/nfbp

Thanks everyone!

Emily Gindlesperger

2nd Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of PA

Legislative Director

 Reply  Reply All  Forward