[NFBP-Talk] Question re accessibility of online courses

Joseph Drenth joe.drenth at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 23:47:42 UTC 2020

Hi Jan and Michelle,

It really depends on the version of Blackboard being used by the school/institution. I am using Blackboard in my MBA degree and it is very accessible, but I think the university is using a very recent version. The NFB worked with Blackboard (probably sued them, I think) a while back and Blackboard made its product much better. Unfortunately, the older the version the worse its accessibility will be.

Joseph Drenth
First Vice-President, National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania State Board of Vocational Rehabilitation
Senior R&D Software Engineer, JBT Corporation, Automated Systems Division
Cell: 215-827-7787