[NFBP-Talk] meeting minutes for today's chapter meeting

westbchris at gmail.com westbchris at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 18:34:45 UTC 2020

Hello all. Below are my attempts at making meeting minutes for today's
chapter meeting. Haha if I missed anyone or anything important please let me
know.

The meeting started shortly after 10 AM.

Those in attendance were: Lynn Heitz, state president, Brian and Linda
Mackey, Frank Beam, David Miller, Kathryn Klegg, Peggy Walsh, Tom Supers,
and Chris Westbrook. Chris started the meeting by welcoming everyone and
stating that Brenda Gillis could not attend the meeting due to a family
emergency. Next, a round table was held where those in the group discussed
their lives in the past month. Lynn Heitz then gave a state report. It was
indicated that we will have a state convention this year in Pittsburg at the
Sheraton Hotel at Station Square and that negotiations are ongoing with the
hotel. Voting was discussed. There is a survey regarding accessible voting
that should be filled out in preparation for possible future legal action to
push for electronic voting. We are in the process of closing the Philly
office. If there is anyone who can assist with moving things from the
office, they should contact Lyn Heitz to schedule a time. After this report,
the presidential release was played. After the release, Chris asked those in
attendance to keep Brenda in their thoughts and prayers due to her family
emergency. Lyn indicated that there will be a discussion on diversity and
inclusion on Tuesday June 30th from 6:30 to 8 pm via zoom. The meeting was
ended around noon.