[NFBP-Talk] Zoom Events Today

Joseph Drenth joe.drenth at gmail.com
Mon May 18 15:21:20 UTC 2020

Here are today's NFB of Pennsylvania Zoom Events:

JAWS Training with Joe - Monday, May 18,  from noon to 12:45PM EDT.

Please join us as we explore the capabilities and usability of the
industry-leading JAWS screen reading application. We will be working with
the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.

Relaxation Hour with Lily - Monday, May 18,from 1PM to 2PM EDT.

We will be Learning and doing yoga exercises, breathing techniques, and
meditations. It will be a time for everyone to let go of their stress and
frustration. The immune system is proven to work more optimally under Little
to no  stress. I have learned many of these techniques during my college
years studying integrative health care.

Coffee with Emily - Monday, May 18,from 2PM to 3PM EDT.

We will discuss legislative issues facing blind Americans, laws affecting
the education of your blind children, and our Braille Enrichment for
Literacy and Learning (BELL) programs scheduled for this summer. Parents,
teachers of blind students, and anyone interested in the topics of
legislation, parenting, and education are encouraged to join us. Please note
that this event is informative and does not represent any form of legal
advice. To contact Emily, email her at: vp2 at nfbp.org <mailto:vp2 at nfbp.org>

Reading Roundtable with Marsha - Monday, May 18, from 5PM to 6PM EDT.

This week's discussion will include a presentation from an author and blind
parent: Jo Elizabeth Pinto. Her fiction work is called "The Bright Side of
Darkness", and her nonfiction book is called "Daddy Won't Let Mom Drive the
Car: True Tales of Parenting in the Dark". If you have not read these books,
come and hear about them from the author, as well as hear about her
experiences parenting as a blind individual. We will also discuss other
books you might want to read.

Here is how you can participate in these events. No registration is
necessary, and everyone is invited to join. Simply use one of the following
methods to connect with us on the Zoom platform:

1. From within the free Zoom Cloud Meetings app on your iPhone or Android,
just hit the "Join" button on the "Meet and Chat" tab and then enter our
meeting ID: 215 988 0888.

2. Click the following link, which will open the meeting using the app or
your web browser:

https://zoom.us/my/nfbpennsylvania

3. On a mobile phone, click either of the  following "One Tap" links, based
on which one is nearest to your location:

+13126266799,,2159880888# (Chicago)

+16468769923,,2159880888# (New York)

4. Using a standard telephone, dial 646-876-9923,

and then enter our meeting ID when prompted: 215 988 0888.

Recordings of our training events can be found at the following web page:

http://nfbp.org/archive

Joseph Drenth

First Vice-President, National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania State Board of Vocational Rehabilitation

Senior R&D Software Engineer, JBT Corporation, Automated Systems Division

Cell: 215-827-7787

Email: joe.drenth at gmail.com