[NFBP-Talk] FW: NFB of NJ Catch the Rhyme! Poetry Webinar for Blind Kids & Friends, April 21st 7 pm EDT

Joseph Drenth joe.drenth at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 14:46:47 UTC 2021

On behalf of Monique A. Coleman and the NFB of New Jersey:

Greetings Friends,

In celebration of National Poetry Month, join Young Ant and other special guests for a youth poetry/spoken word webinar on April 21 from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT!

We will share rhythmic readings of poems from Hip Hop Speaks to Children: A Celebration of Poems with a Beat. Also, Young Ant, whose song "Stick Walk" is an anthem for the white cane, will talk about her creative process for writing rhymes.

We will also feature poems written by kids!
Do you know a kid between the ages of 5-16 who has a poem to share? They can submit a poem for us to read, or they can send a video of themselves reading the poem. Each person who submits a poem that meets the guidelines will get a prize!
For more info and to submit a poem, email  <mailto:info at vistaseducation.com> info at vistaseducation.com.

To register for this free event go to:  <https://bit.ly/2Q5SlUr> https://bit.ly/2Q5SlUr.

Please feel free to share this event with others who may be interested!

Hosted by Eyes Like Mine & VISTAS Education Partners

Image: screenshot of event flyer that includes the event details, a picture of Young Ant wearing a red suit with her hair braided and pulled back, and a photo of the cover page of the book, Hip Hop Speaks to Children
--
Monique Coleman, TVI
President, VISTAS Education Partners

​Warmly,
Linda Melendez, President
732-421-7063
Email:  <mailto:president at nfbnj.org> president at nfbnj.org
Website:  <http://www.nfbnj.org/> www.nfbnj.org
Facebook:  <https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238> https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238
Twitter:  <https://twitter.com/nfbnewjersey> @NFBNewJersey
YouTube:  <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKEDbjGsCYHMlwd4gqpBPjg> NFBNJTransformDreams
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Everyday we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.