[NFBP-Talk] there is urgent and immediate need to correct inaccessibility of Pennsylvania department of health website

Emily Gindlesperger skewbdobdo at verizon.net
Sat Jan 23 01:25:51 UTC 2021

Good evening,
Lisa I will be sending you an email in private.
If anyone else out there has had issues navigating this website please send me an email directly at vp2 at nfbp.org.
Thank you!

Emily W Gindlesperger
skewbdobdo at verizon.net

On Friday, January 22, 2021, 7:40 AM, Lisa McManus via NFBP-Talk <nfbp-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:

<!--#yiv1003969744 _filtered {} _filtered {}#yiv1003969744 #yiv1003969744 p.yiv1003969744MsoNormal, #yiv1003969744 li.yiv1003969744MsoNormal, #yiv1003969744 div.yiv1003969744MsoNormal {margin:0in;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;}#yiv1003969744 span.yiv1003969744EmailStyle17 {font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;color:windowtext;}#yiv1003969744 .yiv1003969744MsoChpDefault {font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;} _filtered {}#yiv1003969744 div.yiv1003969744WordSection1 {}-->
Hi all,

I have found the Pennsylvania department of health website to be inaccessible.  They are telling people to go on the website to find available locations that have the corona virus vaccine and then for you to click on one of those places to make an appointment.

They just recently expanded the elegibility of the first phase, phase 1A, to include people over 65 and those under 65 who have conditions that would make them vulnerable.

The first thing you click on is a map on the website.  That is not something very helpful for a blind person. Then you click on a couple of things you find that it says that the names of the pharmacies that have a green dot by them have vaccines available right now and those with a red dot do not have any vaccines right now, but that can change at any time.

With either using Jaws or my I phone there is no way for a blind person using speech software to know the color of any dots on the page.

I do not have anybody right now that can spend endless amounts of time helping me to accomplish making an appointment.  There is limited and sporadic amounts of vaccine available, but if I could just get an appointment I would be happy.

I am going to contact my state representative this morning, Dan Miller, to see if he can do anything about this and getting it changed.  I am not a computer guru so I don’t know what could be done, but I think there has to be some sort of answer to this.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please let me know.  Thank you.

Lisa

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for NFBP-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbp-talk_nfbnet.org/skewbdobdo%40verizon.net