[NFBP-Talk] Community Service Division Announcement

Joseph Drenth joe.drenth at gmail.com
Fri May 28 00:35:56 UTC 2021

On behalf of Gloria Nathan:

National Federation of the Blind
Community Service Division is sponsoring four events as we wrap up our 2021 calendar year. We are asking for participation from as many of our fellow federationists as possible. Each event is outlined
below.
ROLLING OUT THE RED CARPET

1)    The 2021 Community Service Project
We are collecting new blankets to give to children and their families
who are living at the Ronald McDonald House of Maryland. We are also
collecting notes of encouragement to be sent along with the blankets.
The notes cannot contain any religious messages, and the blankets must
be brand new and child safe. Blankets and notes should be sent to
Jeanetta Price by June 4th, 2021. Address: 8035 San Bruno Street
Beaumont, Texas 77708

2)    The Google Challenge
We are collecting Google Forms that detail your volunteer/community
service involvement from January 1st, 2021, through June 30, 2021. You
can submit as many forms as you want. The winner of this challenge
will be spotlighted during this year’s national convention. The link
to the Google Form will be provided below.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe8HWsUDqzaairJZg1p_RcFe3pFemWYDXXSatdaG_n6AjeTiw/viewform?vc=0 <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe8HWsUDqzaairJZg1p_RcFe3pFemWYDXXSatdaG_n6AjeTiw/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0&usp=mail_form_link&usp=embed_facebook> &c=0&w=1&flr=0&usp=mail_form_link&usp=embed_facebook

3)    Double Gourmet Popcorn Fundraiser
On June 15th, 2021 at 5:00 pm Eastern, through June 19th, 2021 at 5:00
pm Eastern, we will be having a popcorn fundraiser. So let’s work
together and show that we are popping in service! If you have any
questions, please contact Gloria Nathan-Cherry at  <tel:(215)971-6650> (215)971-6650.
Proceeds from this fundraiser will support the efforts of the
federation in addition to help promote the community service division
projects.

4)    Beyond the Six Dots Logo Contest
We are calling on all visionaries to design a logo to pair with our
newsletter title. We want you to create the best logo using your
creative skills. All creations must be submitted by June 30th. The
final winner will be announced during the virtual national convention.
All submissions should be emailed to Maggie Stringer,
ravensfan784 at gmail.com <mailto:ravensfan784 at gmail.com> . for additional information and details about
these projects, please check out our newsletter.

Thank you in advance for your support and participation.

At your service,
Gloria