[NFBP-Talk] Possibilities Fair Schedule

Connie Scheu conniej1250 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 20:17:48 UTC 2022

Welcome visually impaired and blind older adults, family, friends and those who work with older adults!

Possibilities Fair for Older Adults

Schedule

Thursday, November 10. 2022 - Admiral Ballroom

9:30, Greeting
9:40, Connie Scheu, Who am I and Why am I Here?
9:45, Deneice Hopper, What brought me to this point in life?
9:50, What tools can help us remain independent?
Connie will give a summary of important areas in the lives of seniors to introduce Round Table demonstrations and discussions and our special presenters.
Labeling,  reading mail and doing bills, Leisure reading, Mobility
9:55, Round Table:
Connie and Deneice will show tools we have on hand while
Marsha Drenth will demonstrate cell- phone magnification.
Each person should have about 15 minutes at each table.
10:40, Without print, what can I read? Newsline, LAMP, BARD, Book Share and other subscriptions.
Connie Scheu
10:45, Questions and concerns
11:00, As an older adult, why should I learn Braille? - Charles Morganstern
11:15 - What Apps for the blind can help? Denice  Brown  -
11:30, How can I even begin to use a cane?, Karl Smith, convention national representative,  Louisiana Center for the Blind.   -
11:45, Questions and concerns

Noon, Lunch in the same room

Call Connie Scheu with any questions at
814 440-7565