[Nfbsatx] Fw: [nfb-talk] AAPD's Statement on VA Delegate Robert Marshall'sRemarks About People with Disabilities

james sofka jamessofka at att.net
Fri Feb 26 02:20:19 UTC 2010

Hi, all.
For your iinformation.
Jim Sofka.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sherri" <flmom2006 at gmail.com>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 10:51 PM
Subject: [nfb-talk] AAPD's Statement on VA Delegate Robert Marshall'sRemarks
About People with Disabilities

This comes from the AAPD newsletter. This is outrageous. I think we should
all post our comments. It just shows how far we still have to go in
educating people.
Sherri

AAPD's Statement on VA Delegate Robert Marshall's Remarks About People with
Disabilities

AAPD issued a statement Tuesday in response to Virginia Delegate Robert G.
Marshall's
remarks last week suggesting that women who have had abortions are punished
later
with children with disabilities.

"These outrageous comments not only attack us as people with disabilities,
but our
families as well. In all my years of public service, I have never heard
anything so hurtful," said Tony Coelho, AAPD's board chair, former House
Majority
Whip and the author of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).

"Even as we celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Americans with
Disabilities Act, Marshall's remarks are a reminder of that we still have a
long way to go in fighting for our civil rights," said Andrew Imparato,
AAPD's
President and CEO...

>>> For More or to Comment go to
http://jfactivist.typepad.com/jfactivist/2010/02/aapd-outraged-by-delegate-marshalls-comments.html

*** Thank you to everyone who has already posted comments on the previous
post***
http://jfactivist.typepad.com/jfactivist/2010/02/virginia-legislator-disabled-kids-are-gods-punishment.html

>>> To read a blog post by a religious disability advocate go to
http://jfactivist.typepad.com/jfactivist/2010/02/religious-disability-advocates-saddened-by-marshalls-ugliness.html

Sherri Brun, NFBF Secretary and Newsline® Coordinator
E-mail:  flmom2006 at gmail.com
http://www.nfbnewslineonline.org
http://www.nfbflorida.org

"Don't give up something you want forever for something you want only for
now!"