[Nfbsatx] Schwans and Payment Gateway

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 19 01:41:46 UTC 2010

Good evening everyone,

    A main agenda item for Saturday's meeting is fundraising. I've mentioned
the possibility of doing a fundraiser with Schwans Foods. Other affiliates
have used this fundraiser successfully. I believe we can make it work for us
as well particularly if it can be an ongoing fundraiser. You can learn more
about the Schwans fundraising program by visiting:
http://www.schwansfundraising.com

    We've also talked about adding a payment gateway to our Web site to
facilitate transaction processing via the Internet. A recent matter brought
to our attention reminded me of how other affiliates use PayPal for various
types of transaction processing including payment of membership dues. There
are lots of ways we can utilize the power payment gateways can add to our
Web site. I for one would like to see us have one up and running by the end
of the year. If other affiliates, chapters, and divisions can make payment
gateways work for them we can do the same. See you all on Saturday.

Peter Donahue

"Will you come and awake our lost land from its slumber
      And her fetters we'll break, links that long are encumbered.
      And the air will resound with hosannas to greet you
      On the shore will be found gallant Irishmen to greet you."
Will You Come to the Bower
Traditional Irish Folk Song