[Nfbsatx] NFB SA March Update

Jose Martinez jose.martinez07 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 00:00:31 UTC 2011

Dear Chapter:

Welcome to your March update.

We have just started the third month of the year and we are already
hard at work with different projects.

First, the weekend of March 5 will hold two events for us. The Expo, will be at:

Colonial Hills United Methodist Church Gym
                 5247 Vance Jackson (just north of Callaghan)
                 San Antonio, TX 78230

>From 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. The Expo is always fun and we always get to
meet new and interesting people. If you want to help at the table,
please talk to Vice President Denise and let her know that you are
available to help pass out information and talk to people about the
organization. We are also hosting a raffle at the Expo for a BBQ
Package that includes, an ice chest, a 12 pack of soda, chips and a
gift card to H.E.B. Tickets are 3 dollars for 1 and 5 dollars for 2.
We are raising funds for our Braille class.

Our second event on that day will be at The Hand in Hand conference.
The NFB chapter will be teaming up with the parents of blind children
division and we will be hosting a table from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
Bryan and I will be holding down the fort for us at this conference.

This is a true testament to just how great the chapter is doing, we
are going to be represented in 2 locations in San Antonio. And this is
all because of your hard work. Keep it up!

Secondly, because of the success we had last year with the fundraiser
the chapter held at Chili’s, we have decided to revisit that, and we
are going to have a fundraiser with 2 Chili’s restaurants on the
evening of Monday March 21. Fliers will be out to you all by E-mail by
the beginning of next week at the latest. We will also have them up on
our website for you to download. The two Chili’s are:

Chilis Westside Commons
131 Southwest Loop 410

Chilis Southpark
2310 Military Drive, Suite 101

The Braille Class Registration form is nearly finalized and will soon
be sent over to our web master to be put up on the website. The target
launch date for the start of the Braille class is Saturday April 16.

Our next Chapter meeting is on Saturday March 19 at the Lighthouse
from 1:00 to 3:00 pm. I look forward to seeing you all out there.

A.	Z.
President
http://www.nfbsatx.org