[NFBSATX] Update to Via Go Card info I posted last month

wendy Walker wenincal at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 19:22:30 UTC 2020

Update to information I posted last month about your new Via Go cards
(also called tap cards):

The following are important details I just found out about the new Via cards:
1. Once you load money onto the tap card for the first time, if you
look at your account on the website, the card will continue to say
"waiting to load" in the "Manage Products and Cards" screen until the
card is used for the first time on a Via ride at the terminal in the
bus. The status will then change in the website the following day to
"Loaded and Ready".
2. Drivers have informed me that less than half of the vans have
working tap card terminals since many customers have not received
their Go Cards yet so it is important to have a secondary way of
payment other than your Go Card right now.

As a personal note, I believe this is extremely cumbersome and the
process and website need to be streamlined. I recommend using the Via
Go Mobile iPhone app and it literally takes seconds to purchase a
single ticket and activate it for the bus driver. It takes a little
time to set up your payment method in the app, but if you have a smart
phone, it is exponentially easier to use for tickets than the Via Go
Card.

Any questions concerning your Go Card should be directed to Via
Customer Service at: (210)362-2020

Stay safe and I hope this helps with your questions.

Wendy Walker
Vice-President
San Antonio Chapter