[NFBSATX] Some NFB national convention info

wendy Walker wenincal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 18:26:53 UTC 2021

I've taken the following information from an email I received about
the national convention. In addition to this information, there will
be training/informational seminars from various companies and groups.

Four Weeks until NFB21: Begin Preparing Your Itinerary
We are looking forward to another great convention. Please continue to
stay tuned for more announcements as they become available. We
encourage you to share this information with chapter members who may
not receive emails.

More information including getting to know our host affiliate can also
be found at https://nfb.org/convention.

Convention Schedule
The schedule for the 2021 National Convention is as follows. A more
detailed agenda in both English and Spanish, and full instructions for
accessing convention events, are coming soon. All times are Eastern
Daylight Time.

Tuesday, June 29: Pre-Convention Activities
8:30 p.m. – Rookie Roundup
Monday, July 5: Pre-Convention Activities
7:30 p.m. – LOL Comedy Night
Tuesday, July 6: Seminars & Specialized Meetings
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Exhibit Hall
9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. – Presidential Suite
8:00 p.m. – One Voice: #StrongerTogether #NFB21 Concert. Please note:
Separate registration is required for the concert. Ticket sales
opening soon. Learn more at https://nfb.org/concert.
Wednesday, July 7: Board Meeting & Resolutions
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Exhibit Hall
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Presidential Suite
2:00 p.m. – Board Meeting
5:00 p.m. – Resolutions Committee
6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – Presidential Suite
Thursday, July 8: Division Meetings & Opening Ceremony
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Exhibit Hall
9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Presidential Suite
1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Division Meetings
5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Presidential Suite
6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. – Opening Ceremonies
Friday, July 9: Presidential Report & General Session
8:00 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. – Presidential Suite
9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Exhibit Hall
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Affiliate Caucuses
2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – General Session: Presidential Report
6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. – General Session
Saturday, July 10: Business Session & Banquet
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Exhibit Hall
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Presidential Suite
1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – General Session: Financial Report, Elections,
and Resolutions
4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – General Session
7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. – Banquet
Host a Banquet Party
The 2021 National Convention banquet is on the evening of Saturday,
July 10. Following local guidance, host a banquet party with members
near you! During the event, we will drop into banquet parties across
the country for a chance to say hello to the whole convention.

Please complete the banquet party form by June 30, so we can connect with you.

Ways to Access and Connect
There are many ways to connect to convention and to attendees.

All convention sessions, including the board meeting, general
sessions, and the banquet, will be held via Zoom. Meeting IDs and Zoom
links are provided in the agenda as well as our virtual event
platform, CrowdCompass. Agenda and virtual event platform coming soon!
For those who prefer phone access, we will provide local dial-in
numbers. Find your local dial-in number and then enter the appropriate
Zoom meeting ID.
Learn about Zoom in the upcoming training session, hosted by the NFB
Muslim Group, June 13, at 6:00 p.m. ET. The training will be geared
toward preparing participants for the national convention. Everyone is
welcome. Please send questions to our group at nfb-m at nfbnet.org, or
email the chair, Tasnim Alshuli, at tasnim.shuli at gmail.com. Zoom
details: https://arizona.zoom.us/j/84819687811; Zoom Meeting ID: 848
1968 7811; one tap mobile: +16027530140,,84819687811#
Additional Options for the Board Meeting, General Sessions, and the Banquet
Shoutcast
YouTube
Access our live stream by asking your Amazon device to play "Nation's Blind"
NFB-NEWSLINE® Subscribers (Using the telephone, press 5 from the main
menu. Then select option 5 for "National Meetings of Interest to the
Print Disabled." From there, select the "NFB 2021 Convention Stream.")
Connect on Social Media!
Connect with other convention goers and follow the conversation on
social media using the hashtag #NFB21 on Twitter. Join the Facebook
event. If you haven’t already, please contact your state affiliate for
more ways to get involved and meet more Federationists.