[NFBSATX] National convention mentoring and concierge service

ameliapelli95 at gmail.com ameliapelli95 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 15:58:47 UTC 2021

Hi everyone, please read on to learn more about the national convention
concierge service, available to mentor first-time attendees.

Hello everyone, happy Monday! Please read the information below for
first-time convention attendees! This is our premiere event every year with
training, technology and support for blind people of all ages, and there are
many divisions and sessions which teach about a diverse array of topics. I
would highly encourage joining the San Antonio Chapter, we also have many
exciting speakers each month.

Make the Most of Your First National Convention!
Prepare yourself for a convention experience filled with energy,
empowerment, fun, and education. The National Federation of the Blind
National Convention is scheduled for July 6 through July 10, 2021 and will
be virtual with multiple ways to access.
Sign up for Convention Concierge Service
The Kenneth Jernigan Committee understands that thinking about your first
convention might be daunting, or perhaps there might be many gaps in what
you think you should expect, but we are here for you. As President Riccobono
announced at the May Presidential Release Live, we are launching the 2021
Convention Concierge Service for first time convention attendees.
Let's connect you with someone who can help break the ice, tap into our
network, and answer your questions about all things "national convention."
E-mail rookie at nfb.org or drop us a voicemail at 410-659-9314, extension 2020
by June 15 to let us know that you are interested. Please include your name,
preferred telephone number, what state you are joining us from, and a few
things that you want us to know when matching you with mentors (e.g., life
goals, if you are a guide dog user, perhaps a parent of a blind child, if
you are a student, what are your hobbies, the types of individuals you would
like to meet, etc.).
We want your first convention to be a space where we grow stronger together
with love, hope, and determination.
Save the Date for Rookie Roundup
Mark your calendar for the Rookie Roundup meeting scheduled for Tuesday,
June 29 at 8:30 p.m. ET. In addition to the Convention Concierge Service,
Rookie Roundup is an annual event for attendees to learn more about what to
expect at national convention.
Register for National Convention
Registration is open and free! Get access to the latest information as it is
made available and more. Register now at https://nfb.org/registration.
About the National Federation of the Blind National Convention
The National Federation of the Blind National Convention is the largest
gathering of blind people in the world. It is the premier event for
training, support, and information for the blind community. It also serves
as a governing body, democratically electing our leadership and establishing
each year's organizational priorities. Learn more at
https://nfb.org/convention.

2021 National Convention | National Federation of the Blind

nfb.org