[NFBSATX] Fwd: [NFBT] National Convention Assistance Application

Wendy Walker wenintex at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 00:38:13 UTC 2022

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Norma Crosby <ncrosby at nfbtx.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 16:22:50 -0500
Subject: [NFBT] National Convention Assistance Application
To: "<member at nfbtx.org>" <member at nfbtx.org>

Good Friday Afternoon,

I am excited to announce that the Board of Directors of the National
Federation of the Blind of Texas has met to determine what assistance our
affiliate can provide to individuals planning to attend the 2022 national
convention, in New Orleans.

This year, we are able to assist 20 people by providing a stipend (grant)
of $400 each. This money may be used to purchase food and pay for other
convention-related expenses. The assistance will come in the form of a
prepaid debit card, and it will be provided to those selected when they
arrive at the convention.

The application provides complete information about all the requirements of
the program. So, I won't spend much time on those requirements here.
However, I will tell you about two really important requirements. In order
to be considered for assistance, you must complete the application form and
request a recommendation from your chapter or division president. The
deadline for completing these requirements is April 1, 2022. Failure to
request a recommendation from your president will disqualify you from
consideration.

We will give priority to first-time attendees, but others will definitely
receive consideration. So, if you need assistance in order to attend,
please apply. I also encourage you to apply for assistance from other
sources that may be available. For example, if you haven't attended an
in-person convention before, you are eligible to apply for the Kenneth
Jernigan Convention Scholarship
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/kenneth-jernigan-convention-scholarship>.
Applications for this convention scholarship are being accepted through
April 15.

If you are a customer of vocational rehabilitation and planning to attend
sessions that can assist with your employment goal you can approach your
counselor about helping to defray some of your expenses. If you need help
educating your counselor about the kinds of employment-related seminars you
will be able to attend during the convention, feel free to touch base with
our office. We can talk to you about those possibilities.

Finally, a number of our local chapters offer some assistance for members
who are attending the convention. So, if you are attending local meetings,
you will no doubt learn about those opportunities. This is a great way for
us to expand the number of people who get to attend the convention, and I
encourage any chapter with the resources to offer some assistance to do
that.

Currently, the application for assistance is only available in English, but
we are working on the development of a Spanish-language form. I hope to
have it ready as soon as possible. If you speak Spanish but are comfortable
completing the English-language form, feel free to complete it even if you
respond in Spanish. If you prefer to wait, I'll send out another note as
soon as the Spanish version is ready.

Have a beautiful weekend, and here is the link to apply for NFBTX
assistance for NFB2022.

2022 Convention Assistance Application English
<https://forms.gle/YZoRqHN4ijP8D7Xg9>

Best Regards

Norma Crosby, President
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
1600 E Highway 6, Suite 215
Alvin, TX  77511
(281) 968-7733 (Main Office)
(832) 558-4940 (Fax)
ncrosby at nfbtx.org
To make a meeting appointment with me go to
https://calendly.com/ncrosby/meeting

"Live the life you want."

[image: NFBTX] <https://www.nfbtx.org>[image: @NFBTX]
<http://twitter.com/@nfbtx>[image: Facebook]
<http://facebook.com/BlindofTexas>

--
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
"Live the life you want."
---