[NFBSATX] Fwd: [NFBT] COVID Testing Reminder

Wendy Walker wenintex at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 16:47:12 UTC 2022

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Norma Crosby <ncrosby at nfbtx.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 10:22:44 -0600
Subject: [NFBT] COVID Testing Reminder
To: "<member at nfbtx.org>" <member at nfbtx.org>

Good Morning,

This a reminder for everyone who is attending our convention in person. We
require that everyone present a negative COVID test before arriving at the
hotel. I have heard some misinformation circulating about this process. So
I want to clarify a couple of things.

1.  We are NOT performing tests onsite for people unless they are showing
symptoms and need a test for that reason.
2.  Everyone in attendance must have presented a negative test before
arrival. So even if you haven't pre-registered, you should submit a test
before coming to the hotel. You can take care of registration onsite, but
again, we are not planning to provide testing unless the individual becomes
ill during the convention and needs a test.
3.  I have heard that some people have assumed that we will only accept
expensive PCR tests. That is NOT true. We are happy to accept the results
of an at-home test. If you don't have one of the free tests the government
offered earlier, you can purchase a cheap one at most drugstores or
Walmart. It is not necessary to spend more than $130 for a test, as someone
said to us.
4.  Even though we will accept home tests, you are welcome to submit a PCR
or another rapid test from a healthcare professional if you wish. Those
with insurance may want to do that. They are often free at places like
Walgreens and CVS if you have insurance, and we'll accept a copy of the
text or email you receive as proof.
5.  The only place to send your results is testresults at nfbtx.org. Please,
give us your name and city. We are asking for your city in case we have
duplicate names. If you take a home test, please use your phone to take a
picture of the test result to include with your email. At-home test results
will fade over time. So take your picture right away.

Taking pictures can be tricky for totally blind smartphone users, but try
your best. If we get a picture we can't use, Helen Maher, who keeps track
of results, will send a quick email to let you know she couldn't see your
test result. If you use AIRA or Be My Eyes, they can likely help you take a
picture of the result. Remember that our friends at AIRA offer five minutes
of service free each day, even to people who are not subscribers. So if you
can't take a good picture and don't have a sighted person to help with
that, give them a try.

Finally, as a reminder, email your results to testresults at nfbtx.org, and if
you know someone who is attending the convention, make sure to remind them
of this requirement so they aren't surprised when they arrive. Some members
don't have email. So word of mouth is good.

See you at the DoubleTree. Safe travels.

Norma Crosby, President
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
1600 E Highway 6, Suite 215
Alvin, TX  77511
(281) 968-7733 (Main Office)
(281) 968-7158 (Fax)
ncrosby at nfbtx.org

To schedule a meeting with me go to https://calendly.com/ncrosby/meeting

"Live the life you want."

[image: NFBTX] <https://www.nfbtx.org>[image: @NFBTX]
<http://twitter.com/@nfbtx>[image: Facebook]
<http://facebook.com/BlindofTexas>

--
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
"Live the life you want."
---