[NFBSATX] Fwd: [NFBT] The triumphant return of Southern Strums at convention

Wendy Walker wenintex at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 22:19:26 UTC 2023

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kimberly Aguillard <kimberly.aguillard at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 09:46:06 -0500
Subject: [NFBT] The triumphant return of Southern Strums at convention
To: Lara Sowell <lsowell at nfbtx.org>
Cc: member at nfbtx.org, Liz Wisecarver <lwisecarver at nfbtx.org>

Calling musically inclined Texans and your musically
appreciative friends!!!

The NFB of Texas is proud to partner with Harley's Wallet to bring you
a cherished convention tradition, Southern Strums, back for one year
only!! Harley's Wallet is a nonprofit established in loving memory of
Harley Fetterman, a beloved student and federationist who passed away
from cancer in 2016. Harley's Wallet supports causes and programs for
blind kids and kids with cancer. Your $10 donation will support
scholarships, Braille books, and help provide the Harley Fetterman
Charts and Graphs Award at the National Braille Challenge.

The event
On the evening of July 3, from 8:00-11:00 (check the agenda for room
details) we will showcase authentic acoustic live music from talented
federationists. We will also, of course, have a cash bar. We know
everything is better in Texas, including our musical abilities, so
hoping to see many of you there!

Interested in performing? We are looking for you to:
Bring your own instrument (guitar, keyboard) and sing.
Be prepared to play 3-5 covers (about 20 minute sets)
Recruit a large cheering section to attend!

Slots are limited, so we are asking for those of you who are
interested in performing to send us a 3 minute sound clip audition as
an attachment to SouthernStrums at gmail.com by 11:59 PM Central Time
June 20, 2023. If you are an original Southern Strums performer, you
get priority!

Please share widely. Thanks in advance for helping us make this a
unique and special celebration of music, fellowship, and Harley
Fetterman, one of the proudest Texans and federationists we've had the
good fortune to know.

Best,

Kimberly, Daniel, and Juan

--
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
"Live the life you want."