[NFBSATX] application deadline to apply for Washington Seminar assistance

Wendy Walker wenintex at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 16:34:26 UTC 2023

For those wishing to apply for either NFB of Texas or chapter
assistance to go to Washington seminar taking place January 29 to
February 2 you will need to send me your request for my recommendation
no later than Monday, January 27. You must also meet the following
requirements so that chapter and state money are spent on active
members in our chapters:
1. Applicants must have attended a minimum of either 4 chapter
meetings or 3 chapter meetings and one chapter event to qualify
2. You must attend the training meeting, the Great Gathering, all team
meetings, and any scheduled manditory events at Washington Seminar.
3. Priority will be given to first-timers and those who are not
getting other assistance.
4. You must have good travel skills and dress clothes are manditory

NFB of Texas will pay for 12 qualified members with chapter president
recommendations air fare and hotel  room costs (you will share a room
with another attendee).

San Antonio Chapter will split a $300 stipend between chapter
attendees for additional expenses such as food and transportation to
and from the airport.

Please send your requests to wwalker at nfbtx.org by Saturday, January 27
to be considered for either stipend.

Best regards,
Wendy Walker
President
San Antonio Chapter
National Federation of the Blind of Texas