[NFBSea] FW: Microsoft Soundscape and Seeing AI User Studies

Jacob Struiksma jacobstruiksma at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 06:56:27 UTC 2018

Microsoft Soundscape and Seeing AI User Studies

Hi!

Microsoft Research is studying new features in the Microsoft Soundscape and Seeing AI iPhone apps and we thought you might be interested in participating in one of two upcoming studies running from September 4th through 14th. We are looking for adults with vision impairments in the Seattle metro area who are interested in trying out work we have been doing to allow you to virtually preview places before travelling to them (Preview Routes Study) and to solve challenging mobility situations that come up in the last few feet when trying to find a place (Finding Landmarks Study). Participants should have previous experience using an iPhone. The studies will involve using our apps while walking outdoors in Bellevue and Redmond Town Center. We can schedule a rideshare to bring you to and from the study or reimburse your travel expenses by adding up to $50 to the gift card you will receive for your participation. Participation is confidential; all data from our studies will be anonymized. Please read below for additional details about our studies. If there are any questions or you would like to participate, please contact our research team at  <mailto:soundscapestudy at microsoft.com> soundscapestudy at microsoft.com by Sunday, September 2nd.

Previewing Routes Study

This study will take place at City Center in Bellevue and will last about 2 hours. Participants will receive a $100 Amazon gift card for participating. This study will involve trying out a new feature of the Soundscape iPhone app for previewing a place you are going to travel to. It will also involve walking around downtown Bellevue while using the app.

Finding Landmarks Study

This study will take place at Redmond Town Center and will last about 1.5 hours. Participants will receive a $75 Amazon gift card for participating. This study will involve walking outside and testing experimental features that may help out in challenging mobility situations that arise in the last few feet when trying to find a place.

Participation

To participate in either study, you must be available between September 4th and September 14th. If you would like to participate in either or both of our studies, please let us know by emailing  <mailto:soundscapestudy at microsoft.com> soundscapestudy at microsoft.com by Sunday, September 2nd.

Please feel free to forward this announcement on to anyone who might be interested!

Thanks,

Microsoft Research Enable and Ability Research Teams

 <mailto:soundscapestudy at microsoft.com> soundscapestudy at microsoft.com