[NFBSea] FW: [Members Wall] "Sounding Board" opportunity & Metro updates

jacobstruiksma at gmail.com jacobstruiksma at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 20:34:47 UTC 2020

Passing on for your information.

[Members Wall] "Sounding Board" opportunity & Metro updates

 <https://transitriders.org/>

Fellow Rider Katie Wilson has posted the following to the Members Wall:

 <https://transitriders.org/members/sounding-board-opportunity-metro-updates/> "Sounding Board" opportunity & Metro updates

Hi all,

I've been asked to pass along some information from our transit agencies:

1. In case you're someone who likes taking online surveys and telling transit agencies how they could improve... Sound Transit is looking for people to join "Sounding Board—Sound Transit's new customer experience improvement community." I haven't joined, so I don't know if it's as thrilling as it sounds, but apparently "you will be asked to participate in different online research activities to share your thoughts on what will make riding Sound Transit more dependable, available, safe, and clean, and how to get customers the information they need, when they need it." And you *might* be eligible for a $25 Visa gift card. Sign up and take the first short survey here. <https://stcustsat.sawtoothsoftware.com/cgi-bin/ciwweb.pl?studyname=STCustSat&SOURCE=1&hid_pagenum=1&hid_link=1&hid_javascript=1&hid_screenwidth=1523>

2. From King County Metro, I'm pasting an email below that contains a few pieces of mostly good news: Some cut service is being restored as of today; the Via to Transit pilot is restarting; and Metro has decided against moving to a "reservation" system for late night service, after hearing concerns from TRU and others. There's also an invitation to apply to join the Transit Advisory Commission. Here are the details:

Dear community partners,

We’re writing with a few important updates to our service. Find more information about service restoration starting Monday, June 22, and a note on next steps for Metro’s late-night service (1 a.m. - 5 a.m.) below.

Restoring some service on June 22
Starting on June 22, King County Metro will restore service on dozens of bus routes, increase water taxi service, and partially restore Via to Transit. The move fully restores 23 bus routes that were canceled in March and April and adds trips to other routes. Our blog post <https://kingcountymetro.blog/2020/06/17/king-county-metro-restores-some-transit-service-starting-june-22/>  explains the service restoration in more detail. As always, revised schedules will be posted on Metro’s  Reduced Schedule  page <https://kingcounty.gov/depts/transportation/metro/schedules-maps/reduced-schedule.aspx>  by June 20 for weekday service starting June 22. An updated  Canceled Trips  page <https://kingcounty.gov/depts/transportation/metro/schedules-maps/reduced-schedule/canceled-trips.aspx>  will show which trips are still not running.

 <https://kingcountymetro.blog/2020/06/16/via-to-transit-pilot-returns-to-southeast-seattle-and-tukwila/> Via to Transit pilot returns to Southeast Seattle and Tukwila
In partnership with City of Seattle and thanks to the voter-approved Seattle Transportation Benefit District (STBD), King County Metro has extended the Via to Transit pilot with public mobility provider Via until April 2021. During this extension, Via to Transit will serve the three transit hubs shown to be in areas where needs are greatest – Rainier Beach, Othello, and Tukwila International Boulevard light rail stations – which have also shown to offer the most rides per service hour.

Metro’s Late Night Service during COVID-19
Due to changing circumstances and King County’s transition into the next phase of opening, we have decided the timing is not right for the concept of a reservation-based system for our late night/Night Owl service. Customer and community feedback have helped to inform this decision. Metro will continue to look for ways to decrease crowding and maintain service for essential trips during late night service and on many of our most popular routes as we continue to ask all riders to social distance and wear masks while using Metro transit.

 <https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/transportation/metro/about/advisory-groups/transit-advisory-commission.aspx> Transit Advisory Commission seeks new members
Metro’s Transit Advisory Commission is looking for new members. The group advises the King County Council and Executive on transit policy, helping to shape our transportation services. Members reflect the diverse communities we serve. Right now, we’re recruiting from Council Districts 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 9 (see a district map).

Membership recruitment will focus on King County residents that reflect the diversity of the community, including people with physical and/or intellectual disabilities from rural and urban areas, care providers, people of color, LGBTQ, seniors, and those with limited English proficiency and/or individuals who represent such populations. Interested? Learn more/apply online at www.kingcounty.gov/TAC.

In addition, be sure to check our updated  Community Partners Toolkit page <https://kingcountymetro.blog/2020/04/16/communitypartnertoolkit/>   on the  Metro Matters blog  <https://kingcountymetro.blog>  which has in-language COVID-19 information including posters and social media content. We will continue to share other resources as they become available.

Wishing you all well,
Metro Community Engagement Team

Want to respond? Do not reply to this email.  Instead click here <https://transitriders.org/members/sounding-board-opportunity-metro-updates/>  to be taken to the TRU Members Area where you can comment on the post.