[NFBSea] Fwd: SAVE THE DATES for the 2023 SDOT PAAC Meeting Schedule

Jacob Struiksma jacobstruiksma at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 22:25:49 UTC 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Anna Zivarts <annaz at dr-wa.org>
Date: Fri, Feb 10, 2023, 10:43 AM
Subject: Fwd: SAVE THE DATES for the 2023 SDOT PAAC Meeting Schedule
To: Disability Mobility Initiative <dismobility at googlegroups.com>

For folks in the Seattle area who would like to attend Seattle DOTs
Pedestrian Access Advisory Committee meetings. I'm going to aim to attend
these in person, so if you're interested in going in person and meeting up
for coffee beforehand, let me know!

Hello PAAC Members:

This email serves as notice for our 2023 Pedestrian Access Advisory
Committee meeting schedule. Meetings this year will continue to be hybrid
with both virtual and in-person options. We will be utilizing the Zoom
platform and I will send out meeting links two weeks prior to each meeting
date, along with the meeting agenda.

For those who would like to attend in-person, the meeting will be held at
the Seattle Municipal Tower, located at 700 Fifth Avenue on the 40th floor
conference room.  The dates and times of each PAAC meeting are listed
below, along with a timeframe for accommodation requests so that we can
provide the most accessible, inclusive environment for participation.
Requesting accommodations, specifically interpreters, after the three-week
window might be an issue due to decreases in interpreter availability but I
will be working on having at least two ASL interpreters to each event and
will provide a text-only based version of any presentation materials ahead
of the meeting.

   - *PAAC Meeting #1*: Tuesday, March 21 from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM. Please
   contact me for any accommodation requests by February 28.

   - *PAAC Meeting #2*: Tuesday, June 20 from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM. Please
   contact me for any accommodation requests by May 30.

   - *PAAC Meeting #3*: Tuesday, September 19 from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM.
   Please contact me for any accommodation requests by August 29.

   - *PAAC Meeting #4*: Tuesday, November 28 from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM.
   Please contact me for any accommodation requests by November 7.

For the first meeting on March 21, we are still finalizing the agenda but
would like to provide an overview on highlights from 2022, discuss future
topics, and potential subcommittees. I’d also like to discuss some options
for field trips as we examine issues in the public right-of-way and build
consensus on how to make our streets accessible and safer for everyone.

Feel free to forward this email to anyone else you think would like to
participate in this meeting, and do not hesitate to contact me if you have
any questions.

Thanks,

Tom Hewitt

SDOT ADA Coordinator

Tom Hewitt, AICP, ADA Coordinator

City of Seattle Department of Transportation
<http://www.seattle.gov/transportation>

O: 206.615.1974 | C: 206.755.5865 | *Tom.Hewitt at seattle.gov
<Tom.Hewitt at seattle.gov>*

  <https://www.facebook.com/SeattleDOT/>