[NFBSea] Fwd: U District Station - notice of sidewalk and entrance closures beginning on or after Feb. 16 through December 2024

Jacob Struiksma jacobstruiksma at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 01:53:09 UTC 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Hamby, Beth <beth.hamby at soundtransit.org>
Date: Thu, Feb 9, 2023, 4:22 PM
Subject: U District Station - notice of sidewalk and entrance closures
beginning on or after Feb. 16 through December 2024
To: ADA Accessibility <accessibility at soundtransit.org>

Hello accessibility stakeholders,

Construction of a new building will soon begin above Sound Transit’s U
District Station.  This construction project will impact station entrances
as well as the sidewalk on the east side of Brooklyn Avenue NE between NE 43
rd St and the north station entrance.  Station access impacts to Sound
Transit passengers include:

   - Closure of the sidewalk along the east side of Brooklyn Ave NE between
   Station Entrance A and Station Entrance B, beginning February 16 for
   duration of the project (anticipated through December 2024).  The sidewalk
   on the west side of Brooklyn will remain open.
      - Pedestrian directions are attached for passengers needing to travel
      to or from either of the two entrances during the project.
      - Paratransit passengers are advised to confirm the paratransit
      pick-up and drop-off location when scheduling trips to and from the U
      District Station.

   - Closure of the Brooklyn Ave NE side of the south entrance (Entrance
   B), anticipated to begin February 20, will remain closed for duration of
   the project (anticipated through December 2024).

   - Partial day closure of the north entrance (Entrance A), tentatively
   planned to occur on Thursday, March 2, for several hours between 6:00 am
   and 5:00 pm, in order for the contractor to erect scaffolding to provide
   overhead protection during construction.
      - If the north entrance closure date changes, we follow up with a
      notification with the new date
      - When the north entrance is closed, the north elevator (Elevator 2)
      will not operate.  During this closure, passengers needing
elevator access
      will only be able to use the south elevator (Elevator 1) between
the street
      and the platform.

Please note although we are sharing information about this project, it is a
University of Washington project being coordinated with Sound Transit.
With the assistance of UW and the developer, we are providing this
information to help our passengers prepare for the closures.  For more
information about this construction project, please contact Nick Santini,
Senior Construction Manager with Lincoln Property Company, at (360)
303-8106 or NSantini at LPC.com.

Best regards,

Beth Hamby (she/her)

Senior Program Manager-Accessible Services

Passenger Experience

Desk: 206.717.9075

Sound Transit

www.soundtransit.org