[NFBSea] FW: NWABA Upcoming Events!

jacobstruiksma at gmail.com jacobstruiksma at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 06:32:28 UTC 2023

Passing on for your information.

NWABA Upcoming Events!

Hello Athletes,

We are so excited to kick off the new year with more programs! Contact us
today to sign up for events in January and February.

In-Person Events:

*	Saturday, January 14 - Adult Swim Clinic at Madison Pool in Seattle
WA (11:30am to 1:30pm)
*	Saturday, January 14 - Youth Swim Clinic at Tukwila Pool in Tukwila,
WA (3:30pm to 5:30pm)
*	Sunday, January 15 - Adult Swim Clinic at Wallace Pool in Tacoma, WA
(4:00pm to 6:00pm)
*	Saturday, January 28 - Beginner Snowshoe at Hyak Sno Park in
Snoqualmie Pass, WA (10:00am to 12:00pm) *Transportation from Seattle*
*	Sunday, January 29 - Youth Broomball Clinic at Bow Lake Elementary
School in Seactac, WA (10:00am to 12:00pm)
*	Saturday, February 11 - Beginner Snowshoe at Hyak Sno Park in
Snoqualmie Pass, WA (10:00am to 12:00pm) *Transportation from Seattle*
*	Saturday, February 25 - Beginner Snowshoe at Hyak Sno Park in
Snoqualmie Pass, WA (10:00am to 12:00pm) *Transportation from Seattle*
*	Sunday, February 26 - Beginner Snowshoe at Hyak Sno Park in
Snoqualmie Pass, WA (10:00am to 12:00pm) *Transportation from Tacoma*

Snowshoe Notes:

*	Transportation is provided from the Department of Services for the
Blind in Seattle or from the I5/512 Park in Ride in Tacoma
*	We will be eating lunch at the sno-park before driving back to town

Swim Notes:

*	Athletes have the option of swimming laps for fitness, working with
a volunteer to learn and perfect swim strokes, or participate in aqua
aerobics
*	We are working diligently to confirm our Seattle Adult Swim Clinic
in January. If you are interested in attending, please let me know and I can
reach out to you once the event is confirmed

Virtual Events (12pm Pacific Time):

*	Mondays - Core Stability

*	Core Stability focuses on strengthening the core muscles which are
the foundation for all exercise. This class typically has a Pilates-style
flow with occasional abdominal circuits

*	Tuesdays - Circuit Workout

*	This is a circuit-style workout that typically consists of 4
circuits of exercise, creating a full body strength workout by the time you
are finished!

*	Wednesdays - Dance Aerobics

*	This is a dance-fitness class that includes exercise and dance
moves. We practice different sequences of moves and switches are called out
as the music plays!

*	Thursdays - Cardio

*	The cardio workout will keep you moving for the whole session! We
complete exercises with active rest in between.

*	Fridays - Yoga

*	Wind down the week with our relaxing yoga session led by one of our
very own athletes who is a certified yoga instructor!

Have a wonderful week and we hope to have you join us soon!

Tara

Tara Rogowsky | Programs Coordinator

Northwest Association for Blind Athletes

Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Mailing: PO Box 61489, Vancouver, WA 98666
Physical: 703 Broadway Street, Ste. 600, Vancouver, WA 98660

Direct: 360.787.7335 <tel:3607877335>  | Main: 360.448.7254 <tel:3604487254>
| Web:  <http://www.nwaba.org/> www.nwaba.org

Enriching Lives. Providing Opportunities. LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/northwwest-association-for-blind-athletes>
<https://www.instagram.com/nwblindathletes/>  | Youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOPE6im_djQrrpxTQ4CB0kA>