[Nfbsf] Next Chapter Meeting: Elections, Washington Seminar Recap and more

Charles Vaughan cedwinvaughan at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 9 22:33:53 UTC 2018

 I will be there.
Did we not vote to rasie the dues to $10?
Ed
    On Thursday, February 8, 2018, 8:54:15 PM PST, Christina Daniels via NFBSF <nfbsf at nfbnet.org> wrote:

 Hi All,

We have a jammed packed chapter meeting on February 13! As always, a light
dinner is at 6 and the meeting starts at 6:30.

Sara, Tim and I will recap our time at the Washington Seminar, including
encouraging our representatives to oppose H.R. 620 the ADA Education and
Reform Act. If passed this would make it far more difficult for people with
disabilities to litigate when businesses do not fix an access barriers. I
have attached the NFB fact sheet with more information.

Chapter dues for 2018 are $5. You can bring your dues to Tuesday's meeting.
Dues help support the chapter and allow you as a chapter member to cast
your vote for important chapter issues.

Elections are on Tuesday! Come and vote on your leadership for San
Francisco Chapter. All positions are up for election: President, 1st
Vice-President, 2nd Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Board Member #1,
Board Member #2.

Regarding elections, we will discuss and vote on if we want to change how
elections occur (as discussed in the January meeting.) Currently elections
for all seven potions are held every year. We will decide if we want to
make the terms two years and elect half the positions in even years and the
other half in odd years.

A San Jose chapter has been started. Tim Elder would tell us more about
that.

If time permits, we will have a discussion about lining up guest speakers
for some of our meetings in 2018. Several people have submitted ideas and
depending on chapter interest I will start reaching out to those speakers.
If you have a guest speaker in mind or an idea, you can drop me an email.

See you all on Tuesday,
Christina