[NFBSF] Minor progress with Golden Gate Transit announcements

Lisa M. Irving bernieslife at icloud.com
Thu Jul 4 00:40:49 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I am sharing the most recent response I received from an ADA Coordinator
regarding improvements to external and internal bus route and bus stop
announcements.

From,

Lisa Irving, Board Member

Hello Ms. Irving,

I wanted to follow up with you on our continued efforts to get this problem
resolved.  I worked this week with our IT department on the external
announcement issue.  We did field work and are researching why our system
shows the announcements are being made when in fact they are not.  We tested
the external speakers on these vehicles and they are functional, but for
some reason the announcement is not triggering.  We noted several vehicles
to research further and I will follow up early next week with IT to
determine if they have come up with a solution.  I will also be working with
our Maintenance department to increase the volume of the internal
announcements.

I will keep you apprised of our progress as we continue to work toward a
solution for this issue.

Jon

Jon Gaffney

ADA Compliance and Program Manager | Planning Department

Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District

1011 Andersen Drive | San Rafael, CA 94901

jgaffney at goldengate.org <mailto:jgaffney at goldengate.org>   | 415-257-4416

 <http://www.goldengate.org/> www.goldengate.org