[NFBSF] NEW JOB POSTING - LIGHTHOUSE FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED - HR Generalist

Juliet Stewart JStewart at lighthouse-sf.org
Sat Sep 7 00:29:20 UTC 2019

Greetings!
The LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist in beautiful San Francisco California!!

[Title: LightHouse Logo in persimmon and black.  - Description: ightHouse Logo in persimmon and black. The word Lighthouse is bookended by a braille L and a braille H. Words read LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired.]

LIGHTHOUSE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT

POSITION:                 HR Generalist

REPORTS TO:            HR Manager

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired, headquartered in downtown San Francisco, is looking for a Full Time HR Generalist to fill a valued role in our growing organization.

Role Overview:

Coordinates human resources activities including but not limited to recruitment, interviews, background checks, new hire orientation, onboarding new hires and benefit enrollment. Organize training and professional development opportunities for employees. Perform other human resources data entry and responsibilities as needed.

Qualifications:

*            Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in human resources or equivalent or at least 4 years of related experience.

*            Experience in recruiting and staffing.

*            Experience in preparing Job Descriptions and Announcements.

*            Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations.

*            Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.

*            Ability to manage priorities and workflows.

*            Proficient use of MS Office, primarily Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe, HRIS Reporting and ADP systems is a plus.

*            Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.

*            Social networking and marketing skills.

*            Strong interpersonal skills.

*            Excellent written and verbal communication skills.

*            Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.

*            Ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels.

*            Creative, flexible, and an innovative team player

*            Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.

*            Know the blindness community - or if not, are fully prepared to research, get acquainted and interact

Job Responsibilities:

·       Responsible for recruiting processes and procedures.

·       Manage recruitment activities on social media and job search web sites.

·       Create a warm and welcoming environment for applicants and new employees.

·       Conduct reference checks for pre-employment.

·       Participate in Job Fairs as needed.

·       Distribute Job Offer Letters and other HR communications as needed.

·       Coordinate hiring process.

·       Acts as liaison for HR and hiring managers.

·       Coordinate New Hire Orientations.

·       Organize employee training and professional development opportunities.

·       Implement and coordinate employee recognition programs.

·       Assist with administering annual Open Enrollment.

·       Responsible for weekly employee file maintenance and compliance.

·       Prepare and Maintain Job Descriptions and Job Announcements.

·       Enter data and complete tasks in the HRIS system.

·       Schedule Exit Interviews.

·       Other duties as assigned.

Who We Are:

LightHouse has an audacious mission - to transform the lives of the 40,000 blind people in the greater Bay Area and beyond. We do this through tech design, disability advocacy, consultation, classes and community formation in San Francisco, our four satellite offices and Enchanted Hills Camp in Napa. We are a fun, fascinating, widely diverse, warm and friendly community. We work in downtown San Francisco in a 40,000 square foot state-of-the-art workspace renowned for its universal design, steps from Civic Center BART. LightHouse is working for nothing less than to change the future for blind people and the wider community.

Within a five-minute walk are the world headquarters for Twitter, Uber, Dolby, Zendesk and many other tech giants. Within three blocks are all of the principal building for Northern California's federal, state and local government. Also in our neighborhood are many theaters, San Francisco Symphony and Opera, the Asian Art Museum and dozens of other key cultural anchors of the entire Bay Area.

The successful candidate will join a unique organization in which blind and sighted professionals work together at every level. Our governing Board of Directors, management and staff are all composed of roughly equal numbers of blind and sighted people, a parity unprecedented in our field.

Founded in 1902, LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired provides skills, resources and community for the advancement of all individuals who are blind or have low vision. Our innovative programs have been featured in 60 Minutes, the New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal and beyond. The blind community comes to LightHouse to learn how to travel independently with a white cane, to rejoin the workforce, use accessible technology, and meet a community of mentors and peers. From unique tactile maps, to an unparalleled camp for blind campers, to a world prize for blind ambition, LightHouse offers programs unavailable elsewhere.
Learn About Us:

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired
1155 Market Street, 10th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
www.lighthouse-sf.org<http://www.lighthouse-sf.org>

Employee Benefits:

The LightHouse offers a rich package of benefits, including medical, vision and dental insurance. Employees are eligible for an employer-matched 401(k) plan and subsidized health club membership, among many other perks.
Compensation:

Depending On Experience; industry competitive.

How to Apply:

Please submit a cover letter and résumé in word processing document attachments (no PDFs please) and employment application, to hr at lighthouse-sf.org<mailto:hr at lighthouse-sf.org>, including the job title in the subject line.  The full job description is available here: http://lighthouse-sf.org/about/careers/.

Warm Regards,

Juliet Cato Stewart

HR Manager
1155 Market Street, 10th Fl