[NFBSF] Fulbright Research Recruitment

Anna Wróblewska anna.wroblewska89 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 01:45:00 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone,

I'm Anna Wroblewska, blind sociologist, focused on disability studies. I'm
also NFB SF chapter member and had a pleasure to meet some of you during
chapter meetings.

I carry out my dissertation research on the ways of supporting independent
and active living within blind community in San Francisco. I would like to
share an information of participants recruitment to my research. The
National Federation of the Blind is not involved in this study but I
believe it may be interesting for some of you or your friends.

RESEARCH ANNOUNCEMENT

My name is Anna Wroblewska. I’m a PhD candidate at Jagiellonian University
in Poland and affiliated at University of San Francisco. I’m being
supported by Dr. Emily Nusbaum. Professor Shabnam Koirala-Azad at
University of San Francisco is my supervisor. I am conducting a study on
biographical experiences of the blind and low vision who use services
provided by the Lighthouse in San Francisco. I’m looking for participants
to interview which will be recorded. Research findings will be used to
support designing of high quality training programs for the blind in Poland
and the United States.

To be eligible, the participant must be at least 18 years old, live in the
Bay Area and have an experience of taking part in one of the services
provided by the Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired in San
Francisco listed below:
a. Changing Vision, Changing Life,
b. Employment Immersion,
c. Summer camp at Enchanted Hills Camp.

The participants will be interviewed personally, during one or two sessions
if necessary. Each session will take about 3 hours. Interviews will be
conducted at a place convenient to each participant, such as at home,  or
in a mutually-selected community location. If you are willing to be
involved in this important research, please email me at
anna.wroblewska89 at gmail.com.

Thank you for your help!

Anna Wroblewska
PhD candidate
Jagiellonian University, Poland
Fulbright Junior Research Awardee 2019/20