[NFBSF] Braille Story time Planning

Lisamaria lisamaria0217 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 10:29:58 UTC 2020

Thank you so much for doing this. I really look forward to this day. A few questions:

Is Miss Nelson is missing an age appropriate book to read? That's roughly a first or second grade level book. Do you know the ages of the children we will be reading to?

I should have a copy of the book if we read it.

Pedro the  octopus, I don't know what age level that book is. Does someone own a copy?

  I'm going to be rustling through all of the braille books we own in our house this weekend since I'm reading to my little ones '  classes on Monday for Dr. Seuss's birthday.

One book that I really like that spans a wider age range is The Day The Crayons Quit. If I can find that copy I can bring it to the chapter meeting. Anyways…

Is the library in walking distance of the Fruitvale BART station? Can we meet up at a time and go there as a group?

Finally ... whew, I ask a lot of questions ...

I have several slate and maybe a couple of styli that I can bring with me for the day. Will we be brailling names on alphabet cards? Or index cards that we need to bring? I like the idea of writing a name or a secret message On a print braille alphabet card so the kids can decode their name or the message.

I'll be back in the states Saturday afternoon and can be reached at 510-2892on a print braille alphabet card so the kids can decode their name or the message.

I'll be back in the states Saturday afternoon and can be reached at 510-289-2577.

Best,
Lisamaria

Sent from my iPhone