[NFBSF] Disability activism summer campaign - crip camp movie

Virginia Prince ginnymurphy at gmail.com
Sun May 10 14:41:56 UTC 2020

There is a Netflix documentary on the local history of the disability rights movement called Crip Camp.

I know some folks who were involved in making it and they are offering a summer learning and campaign building experience.

Thought some of you might be interested too. Sundays at 2pm PST starting may 17th.

Ginny Prince

“The Crip Camp Impact Campaign is proud to announce the Official Virtual Experience!

We are inviting all grassroots activists and advocates to join us this summer for a virtual camp experience featuring trailblazing speakers from the disability community.

All are welcome, you do not need any activism experience to participate.

Full Syllabus of Workshops below:
*Please note speakers are subject to change*

5/17: Crip Camp Kick Off! Disability Community Culture and Identity

5/24: Shedding Shame & Embracing Wholeness: Why We Must Address Internalized Ableism

5/31: Disability, Race, Class, & Gender: Intersectionality

6/7: All the Feels: Incorporating Trauma-Informed Care Strategies into our Work

6/14: We Have ALWAYS Resisted: The History of Disabled Black Activism

6/21: Our Worth, Our Humanity: Disability Justice as a Spiritual Practice

6/28: Let’s Talk about Sex: Our Bodies, Our Lives & Reproductive Justice

7/5: The Personality Behind the Work: Finding Your Social Media Voice

7/12: Hashtag Activism: Organizing Online for Your Community

7/19: I F&*#ed Up: What I Learned from It and How I Apologize

7/26: ADA 30 Celebration

8/2: Education for the People: Best Practices in Facilitation

8/9: Art Activism: Visual & Performing Arts as Vehicles for Change

8/16: Working All the Angles: Civic Engagement and More

8/23: Building Across Movements: Disability as Social Justice Issue

8/30: Getting Paid Without Selling Out: How to Finance Your Work

https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_96VjUdB0T92Es9y4q1Vdvg

Speakers include:
Vanessa Rochelle Lewis
Rabbi Elliot Kukla