[NFBSF] Chapter Meeting Agenda

Christina Daniels ms.christina.daniels at gmail.com
Tue May 12 03:04:52 UTC 2020

Greetings Everyone,

I'm excited to announce that we're going to do something a little different
for tomorrow's meeting.

After we talk about the virtual National Convention, we're going to listen
to a historical NFB speech from Dr. Kenneth Jernigan who served as President
of the National Federation of the Blind from 1968 to 1986. Then we'll
discuss it.

The speech, form 1963, is called "Blindness: Handicap or Characteristic?".
This is the studio recorded version of the speech "Blindness-A Dying or a
Living?" given at the 1963 National Convention. The studio version runs
about 30 minutes.

I think this will be a great way for us to learn about and revisit NFB
history and I look forward to talking to all of you about it. You can
download many of historical NFB speeches here, both an audio and text form.
<https://www.nfb.org/resources/speeches-and-reports/banquet-speeches>

The May Presidential Release was live and runs more than an hour, so we will
not be listening to it tomorrow. I am linking it here.

May Presidential Release Audio
<https://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/podcast/presidential-releases-en/may-r
elease-page-audio.mp3>

May Presidential Release Transcript
<https://www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/presidential-releases/
transcripts/may-2020-english-transcript>

Meeting Info

Tuesday May 12

5:00 to 6:00 p.m. Community Connections

6:00 to 6:30 p.m. Happy (Half) Hour

6:30 to 8:00 p.m. Chapter Meeting

Attend the virtual meeting

Via Zoom: https://lighthouse-sf.zoom.us/j/462780914

or

One tap mobile

+16699006833,,6630496557# US (San Jose)

Or dial in

1.  Dial this number.  669-900-6833

2.  When asked, enter this meeting ID. 462 78 09 14 followed by the pound
sign to the right of the 0 key.

Christina