[NFBSF] Constituent Meeting regarding Order of Selection

Chris Fendrick cfendrick34 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 20:28:47 UTC 2026


Hello NFB-SF Chapter,

 

I recently joined a group of blind and low vision community members
advocating around the California Department of Rehabilitation’s decision to
enter into Order of Selection (OOS).

 

We are organizing meetings with field representatives from Senator Jesse
Arreguín’s and Assemblymember Buffy Wicks’ offices to share our concerns,
discuss the impact of OOS on the blind and low vision community, and
identify opportunities for greater legislative oversight, transparency, and
accountability.

I have Zoom meetings scheduled with:

*	Assemblymember Wicks’ office: Monday, September 28, at 11:00 a.m.
*	Senator Arreguín’s office: Tuesday, September 29, at 11:00 a.m.

 

If you are a constituent of either representative, it would be great to have
you join the appropriate meeting and add your voice to the discussion.

Although Senator Arreguín is no longer serving on the Human Services
Committee, I believe it is still important for his office to hear directly
from constituents about how OOS may affect the blind and low vision
community.

 

I would like to get the list of constituents and relevant information to the
field reps by the end of business on Thursday September 24, 2026.  Sorry for
the short turn around time of this message.

 

If you are a constituent and would like to participate, please contact me
directly rather than replying to the group thread, and I will send you the
appropriate Zoom link.

Email: cfendrick34 at gmail.com <mailto:cfendrick34 at gmail.com> 
Cell: 661-301-3538

 

If you are not a constituent of either representative, we encourage you to
reach out to your own state legislators and raise these concerns in your
home district. If you need information or support getting started, I am
happy to help coordinate.

 

Best,
Chris


More information about the NFBSF mailing list