[NFBV-Alexandria] FW: Potomac Chapter Fundraising Auction

Brian Miller brianrmiller88 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 14:57:32 UTC 2018

Good morning Alexandria chapter members. Please see the below announcement
from the Potomac chapter. If you can, I strongly encourage you to support
our sister chapter and attend this event.

See you soon, and have a lovely, rainy Saturday!

Brian Miller

President

Greater Alexandria Chapter

NFB of Virginia

Greetings Colleagues:

The time for our fund raising auction is rapidly approaching.  We plan to
raise money to assist with project Rise, advocacy for blind children to
receive an appropriate education including Braille, assistance with future
NFB of Virginia conventions and other worthwhile projects such as BELL and
social media training.

To this end, let's obtain items from local businesses for auction or offer

an item you can contribute to the cause.  If each of us obtains just two or

more gift cards or other items from businesses you patronize this will be an

extremely successful fund raiser.

In a few days, I will send you a copy of our solicitation letter which you
may wish to print

and present to local merchants.

The auction fund raiser is scheduled for August 18, 2018, from 3:00 to 6:00
PM

at the Turnberry Towers Condominium in Rosslyn, 1881 North Nash Street,
Arlington, Virginia 22209.

The $25 cost provides great catered  food as well as coffee and ice tea.

For those who want something stronger, wine and beer will be available.

However, the best reasons to attend, are to enjoy fellowship with your

friends and help us raise funds for our important work.

What is so exciting about this fundraiser is that you can contribute in two
ways.  Of course, if you are able to afford to, you can purchase our
exciting auction items.  Of equal importance, reaching out to local
merchants or donating items for auction makes it possible for our chapter to
flourish.  Even if you are unable to bid, you have the satisfaction of
knowing you play a critical role in helping our chapter meet its financial
objectives.

I am very much looking forward to joining with you on August 18.

John Halverson, Ph.D., President

Potomac Chapter, National Federation of the Blind