[Nfbv-announce] 2010 Student Track Agenda

Corbbmacc O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 13:12:06 UTC 2010

2010 NFBV Student Track
November 12-14, 2010
Marriott Fairview Park
Falls Church, Virginia

Corbbmacc O’Connor, Coordinator
(202) 684-6130, corbbo at gmail.com

Note: To encourage prompt attendance, prizes will be awarded at the
beginning of sessions. You never know which one, though, so be on time
so you don’t miss out!

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2010
5:30pm	30-minute Mentors & Facilitators Meeting
	Corbb’s hotel room (please call Corbb for the location)

7:00-8:30pm	Student Hospitality – Pizza and Soda
	Students Only, Tickets Lounge (Lobby Level)
Students will meet other blind students from around the Commonwealth,
set goals for the weekend, and play a couple of quick games.

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2010
9:00am	Opening Ceremony of General Session
	Students & Parents, Salons 4-5 (Lobby Level)

10:30am-12:00pm	Concurrent Sessions
	Students Only, Tickets Lounge

10:35am	Welcome from Corbb O’Connor

	10:40am-11:10am	Round 1
	Group I: “I Wish that I Could Tell You…”
	C. J. Fish, Facilitator

	Group II: Orientation & Mobility
	Facilitators: Mandi Bundren, NOMC; Brigid Doherty, COMS; Joanne
Laurent, COMS; Maurice Peret, NOMCT; Jennifer Kennedy, NOMC

11:10-11:20am	Re-group & Switch
	Tickets Lounge

11:20am-12:00pm	Round 2
	Group I: Orientation & Mobility

	Group II: “I Wish that I Could Tell You…”

12:15pm-1:45pm	Students Division Luncheon
	Tickets Lounge

Special guests: Bruce Hildebrand, Executive Director, The Association
of American Publishers; Maurice Peret, NOMCT, Blind Industries and
Services of Maryland; Sean Whalen, Second Vice President, National
Association of Blind Students

2:00pm-2:30pm	General Session
	Students and Parents, Salons 4-5

2:30pm-4:30pm	An Afternoon on Metro
	Students and Parents, Tickets Lounge and Hotel Parking Lot
	Facilitator: Brigid Doherty, COMS
Instructors: Mandi Bundren, NOMC; Joanne Laurent, COMS; Maurice Peret,
NOMC; Jennifer Kennedy, NOMC

We will be outdoors for this activity, regardless of rain, snow, or
sun. So please dress accordingly so that you are warm and comfortable.
Students, please meet outside general session near the doors that lead
to the parking lot; parents, please meet in Tickets Lounge before
heading ouside. (Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by
their parent or chaperone.)

4:30pm-5:00pm	General Session
	Students & Parents, Salons 4-5

7:00pm-10:00pm	52nd Annual NFBV Banquet
	Students & Parents, Salons 5-8

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2010
9:00am	General Session
	Students and Parents, Salons 4-5

9:40-10:00am	Students Present at General Session
	Students and Parents, Salons 4-5

10:00am-12:00pm	Student Technology Expo
	Students and Parents, Tickets Lounge
	Facilitator: Tracy Soforenko, Potomac Chapter President

Humanware’s BrailleNote and Victor Stream - Chelsea Cook; Laptops,
JAWS, and a Braille display – Brittany Crone; Podcasts, music, and
other fun stuff – Michael Fish; RFB&D Audio Downloads and Bookshare –
Greg Moffitt; Apple iPhone, iPod, and iPad – Corbbmacc O’Connor; Ideas
on funding your technology and training – Nikki Jeffords

12:00pm	Adjourn

The NFBV Student Division wishes to thank the facilitators, mentors,
and guests whose work, dedication, and time made this event possible.
Also thanks to Michael Fish for embossing the Student Track agendas in
Braille.