[Nfbv-announce] February 24 At-Large Chapter Call

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Mon Feb 21 14:23:11 UTC 2011

Hello all,

The next meeting of our At-Large Chapter will be held on Thursday, February
24 at 8:00 P.M.

This month we will hear from Conchita Hernandez, a former national
scholarship winner and a student at Louisiana Tech University. Conchita will
talk about the Blind Driver Challenge held last month in Daytona Beach. She
will give her first-hand account of the event and its long-term potential
for expanding opportunities for the blind, and its impact on public
attitudes about blindness.

We will also hear from Tracy Soforenko, President of the Potomac Chapter and
Chairperson of the McDonald Fellowship program. Tracy will discuss how to
apply for financial help to attend the national convention in Orlando this
summer.

Please join us on February 24 for this important discussion.

      Scheduled Start Time: 08:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
Dial-in Number: 1-213-342-3000
Access Code: 3613754

Please join us on the call.

Jessica Kostiw, At-Large Chapter Coordinator