[Nfbv-announce] 2011 Seville Allen Award

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Wed Nov 9 01:41:49 UTC 2011

At our state convention last weekend, it was my honor and privilege to
present the second Seville Allen Award. As most of you know, Seville was a
longtime leader in Virginia and at the national level. She lived her
Federationism every day and in all she did. She gave all she had in the way
of energy, talent, commitment and financial resources to help improve
opportunities for blind people everywhere.

This year's recipient of the Seville Allen Award is our own Michael Kasey,
First Vice President of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia. To
listen to the award presentation, please visit

www.NFBV.org <http://www.nfbv.org/>

The audio of the award presentation is located on the home page right after
the intro paragraph and logo. If you get to the links for the Vigilant or
NFBV Announce sign up page, you've gone too far.

Please join me in congratulating Michael on receiving this important honor,
and more important, please join me in thanking Michael for all he has done
and continues to do for the affiliate.

Fred Schroeder, President