[Nfbv-announce] Youth Leadership Academy!

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Mon Feb 13 22:06:49 UTC 2012

>From Joanne wilson:

Attention State Presidents:

On March 23-25, we are hosting the NFB Youth Leadership Academy for high
school students and we need your help in spreading the word!  The NFB Youth
Leadership Academy provides participants an opportunity to meet successful
blind mentors, to connect with other blind students, and to acquire new
skills. There is no cost to the student and the weekend will be a lot of
fun. The application can be completed and submitted by visiting:
http://teachblindstudents.org/content/youth-leadership-academy-application

These weekends help build a lot of excitement about the Federation. I
encourage each of you to help us get lots of students to this event. If you
have any questions, please contact Rosy Carranza via email at
rcarranza at nfb.org or by giving her a call at (410) 659-9314, ext. 2283.

Thanks for your help in developing the next generation of leaders!

Best,

Joanne Wilson
Executive Director of Affiliate Action
National Federation of the Blind