[Nfbv-announce] Legislative Update

Mark W. Roane mwroane at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 16 02:04:59 UTC 2012

Good evening all,

Both HB1291 and SB678 have "crossed over" and are awaiting committee assignment and scheduling.  I will keep you posted of their progress.

To clarify an issue that I have heard from several people, it is not only okay but I would encourage you to call Delegates and Senators that are not your particular representative.  When calling these members, tell them that you are not one of their constituents but that you are calling as a concerned citizen who will be negatively impacted by the proposed DBVI merger.  Most of the offices that I have spoken with are happy to receive our input.  The more members that we can voice our concerns to the more likely we are to turn back the DBVI merger.

I hope this clarification helps.  You are all doing a great job with the phone calls.  Let's keep on calling until every member knows our position.

Mark