[Nfbv-announce] Fredericksburg Area Chapter NFBV May 14 meeting to feature a talk about Aikido

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Sun Jun 3 14:14:25 UTC 2012

>From Michael Kasey in historic Fredericksburg

Mark your calendars for June 14.  Mr. Robert Kravetz will be our guest
speaker at our next NFB meeting.  Here is a note from him.

You may be interested in learning about the Japanese martial art of aikido.
A document which summarizes aikido and the  local organization, Aikido in
Fredericksburg is attached.  Aikido is a martial art which is entirely
defensive, and well-suited to people who are vision-impaired.  Aikido can be
translated  "Path, or way, of harmonizing energy".  Our training is
cooperative, not competitive, and is based on contact and blending with our
training partners.  Our organization, Aikido in Fredericksburg, is a
not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization, and we try to explore ways to reach
out to our community.  I would be pleased to talk with you more about ways
our organizations might work together.

Robert Kravetz

Assistant Instructor

Aikido in Fredericksburg