[Nfbv-announce] Legislative Update Senate Conferees Appointed

Mark W. Roane mwroane at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 1 16:16:38 UTC 2012

Good morning all,

The Senate members of the Conference Committee to resolve issues between HB1291 and SB678 have been appointed.
It is worth noting that the Senate passed SB678 which excluded DBVI and DDHH from any consolidation plan.  It is now time to urge these conferees to stand firm on what they as a body passed and not to include the DBVI in the consolidation plan as the House of Delegates bill would do.
The Senate Conferees may be reached at:

Senator Ryan McDougle of Mechanicsville
(804) 698-7504
district04 at senate.virginia.gov

Senator Steve Martin of Chesterfield
(804) 698-7511
district11 at senate.virginia.gov

Senator Chap Peterson of Fairfax
(804) 698-7534
district34 at senate.virginia.gov

Once again, time is very short.  The Conference Committee will meet in the next few days so don't delay, call and e-mail today.
Our voice is being heard.  Together, we will preserve a strong and independent agency for all Virginians.
Mark Roane