[Nfbv-announce] Support the Teach Act

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Thu Feb 27 01:16:45 UTC 2014

We urge YOU to take action to support this legislation.  It is easy and takes only a few minutes.  Thank You!

Our petition is called “Pass the TEACH Act”.  It tells the story of Jamie Principado, a blind girl who went to Florida State and eventually had to change majors and then leave because the school did not have accessible instructional materials.  The petition explains that Jamie’s problem is similar to those facing most blind students and that consequently, we need Congress to pass the TEACH Act.  When you sign, you are asked to input your address.  The change.org tool then sends a pre-written letter to that person’s member of Congress asking them to cosponsor the bill.  Since the petition has 140,000 signatures, that means that 140,000 letters urging support of the TEACH Act has been sent to the House. To read the petition text and see how many signatures there are, go here: https://www.change.org/petitions/pass-teach-act-equal-access-to-educational-materials-for-students-with-disabilities

If you have questions, just ask us.