[Nfbv-announce] at NFB National Convention, Art Schreiber will share about his Time with the Fab-Four

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Sun May 4 21:18:47 UTC 2014

Hello All,

Many of you had the opportunity to hear from Arthur Schreiber at our state
convention. Below is the text of an announcement I thought you might find of
interest.

In the May Braille Monitor, the following item appears in the Monitor
Miniatures section:

Reporter Shares Time with the Fab-Four and Shares His Experiences at the

Convention:

      Art Schreiber, radio newsman extraordinaire, was one of two American

reporters on the road with the Beatles for their first US cross-country

tour in 1964. On Friday evening, July 4, at our national convention, Art

will share stories about crazed fans stealing his clothes and typewriter,

being locked in the green room with the Beatles when one concert got out of

hand, flying on private planes watching the Beatles writing songs, and

playing Monopoly all night with John Lennon and George Harrison.

      Art's career as a news reporter took him all over the world. He

covered stories about and became friends with John F. Kennedy, Martin

Luther King, Jr., Astronaut John Glenn, Lyndon B. Johnson, and many movie

stars and celebrities. After losing his sight in 1982, Art continued

working as the general manager of New Mexico's largest AM and FM radio

stations and became deeply involved in organizations to help others. He

continues his efforts on a daily basis, serving on many boards and running

interference on behalf of the blind and deaf at the state capitol in Santa

Fe.