[Nfbv-announce] Psychology study on blindness

Mark W. Roane via Nfbv-announce nfbv-announce at nfbnet.org
Tue May 20 16:23:32 UTC 2014

I have been asked to distribute the following request.  If you are interested in participating, please contace Georgie Sydnor directly.

I'm looking for blind people to participate in a psychology  study I'm conducting over the summer. I'm a psych major at William and Mary, and this study focuses on comparing memory between blind and sighted people. I also may make comparisons between partialy blind and totally blind people, so I'm looking for people of all levels of blindness. I'm not able to pay participants, but the study only takes about 30 minutes. It's a word association task.
Participants don't need any special skills or to be highly efficient with technology; the whole thing would be done with me over the phone or via skype. Any age can participate, so any teacher or student would be welcome. I'm especially interested in college-age students. Participants would have to be willing to disclose information to me about their blindness and any other disabilities they may have, but that's just about the only requirement. Of course, all ethical standards apply, so nobody's name or information would be disclosed without their permission.
If you could let people know I would really appreciate it. People can contact me directly at this address (hgsydnor at email.wm.edu), they should email me their names and information about their level of blindness.
Thanks a lot,
Georgie Sydnor