[Nfbv-announce] NFB of Virginia makes history

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Mon Nov 10 18:28:29 UTC 2014

Greetings Members and Friends of the National Federation of the Blind,

We are excited to report that our 56th Annual Convention in historic
Virginia was a success.  We were honored to have two past Virginia
Presidents, Alan Schlank and Charlie Brown with us to share memories.  Our
National Office was represented by Gary Wunder, President of the NFB Of
Missouri.  Gary delivered a inspiring banquet address and spent countless
hours with each of us.   Garrick Scott, president of the NFB of Georgia was
also with us encouraging students in our Youth Track.  We were sadden by our
President of the past 10 years, Fred Schroeder's announcement that he would
not run for President again.  Even though his travel schedule will prevent
his serving as President, he will remain active and available to the
leadership of Virginia.

The newly elected Officers are:

Michael kasey, President

Tracy Soforenko, 1st Vice President

Jennifer Kennedy, 2nd Vice President

Mark Roane, Treasurer

Jennifer Shields, Recording Secretary

Mary Durbin, Corresponding Secretary

Please offer your support to the new team as we move forward to grow our
Affiliate through recruitment, relationship building and seizing
opportunities.

Thank you,

Michael Kasey

President

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.