[Nfbv-announce] 2014 NFB of Virginia Convention Announcement

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Sun Sep 7 14:16:05 UTC 2014

2014 Annual Convention

On behalf of the Peninsula Chapter of the NFBV, You are invited to the 56th
annual convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia(NFBV)

The convention will be held in historic Hampton Virginia on November 7 -9 at
the:

Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina

700 SETTLERS LANDING ROAD

HAMPTON, VA 23669

757-727-9700

866-727-9990

www.cphamptonmarina.com

Guest rooms $72++ single/double,  per night

All guestroom rates are subject to the current area tax rates; Hampton city
tax 8%, Virginia state tax 6%, plus a $1.00 Occupancy fee  per room per
night.

The last day to reserve a room is  Monday, October 20, 2014

Reservations may be canceled within 72 hours of check in.  Any reservation
not canceled within 72 hours of arrival will be charged for the initial
nights stay.

Convention Registration details will be announced soon!

Enjoy the rich history and oceanfront charm of Hampton, Virginia and the
revamped Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina Hotel - where our waterfront views and
well-appointed spaces are unrivaled among the finest hotels in Hampton,
Virginia.

The hotel can be conveniently reached by train, bus and car.

The hotel parking garage is available at no charge.

AMTRAK is available to Newport News.  A 10 minute taxi ride gets you to the
hotel.

Victory Transportation will pick up at the train station or hotel by
appointment.   (757)672-9797 The fare is $22.75 for up to 5 people.

Greyhound bus has a terminal in Hampton within walking distance of the
hotel.

If you have questions contact:

Organization & Arrangements Chair:  michaelgkasey at verizon.net

Peninsula Chapter President:  Tasha Hubbard nlhubbard at liberty.edu

NFBV Treasurer: Mark Roane  mwroane at mindspring.com

Arrangements committee: Joe Hobson joewhobson at gmail.com

Exhibitors Contact:  Andre Tynes  andre.tynes at aol.com

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.