[Nfbv-announce] Learn about our McDonald Fellowship Award

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Fri Feb 12 23:16:24 UTC 2016

Greetings Federation Family

Has your attendance at the NFB National Convention ever crossed your mind?
Whether it is for the networking and fundraising opportunities your business
or chapter can gain or for the constant feeling of camaraderie that is
displayed year after year, the National Federation of the Blind's 2016
National Convention is guaranteed to be an event our community can benefit
from. Sometimes when looking at the financial demands that come with
attending this event, many people may get discouraged because it may prove
to be too steep, but there is definitely a way to alleviate that feeling.
Join the Virginia Association of Blind Students and NFBV Board at our
informational session to explain and encourage you all to apply for our
affiliate's McDonald Fellowship Award. The McDonald Fellowship award is a
grant that assists an individual in attending their first national
convention and also enrolls the winner in a mentoring session where they can
get assistance at the convention with attending all seminars and events that
will make sure that they get the most out of their first convention
experience. If anyone has ever attended the NFBV State Conventions in the
fall, they would know that conventions are an experience full of
opportunities to learn about an endless amount of interesting facts,
products, and services; and the national convention does not disappoint with
this opportunity. Some of the topics covered in our informational conference
call will include:

1.       The application process for the award.

2.       The existence of the Jernigan Award, a national scholarship
equivalent to the McDonald Fellowship in purpose.

3.       The mentoring aspect of the McDonald Fellowship winners.

4.       Testimonials from past winners of the award and what their
convention experience was like.

The conference call will begin promptly at 8pm and will be facilitated by
Student Division president Kimberly Valko, board member Robert Parsons, and
McDonald Fellowship chair Sandy Halverson. For more information on this call
and what the McDonald Fellowship has to offer, please call in to the
conference call on Wednesday at 641 715 3850. The pin number to get into the
call is 184 934. We hope that the prospect of attending National Convention
with us will entice you to join us and hopefully submit an application to
attend this irreplaceable experience.

Best Regards

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

Vice President, Richmond Chapter

National Federation of the Blind of Virginia (NFBV)

J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College '17

Alpha Delta Mu National Music and Social Work Fraternity

Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society '15

www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org>

Phone: 804 200 3275

"Persist Until Success Happens." -Thomas Baile

blindness is not what holds you back.