[Nfbv-announce] Change in Student Conference Call

Christopher Vinson chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 20:57:23 UTC 2016

Good Morning Students and Federation Family

I hope that your Thanksgiving holiday was all that was to be desired. I am
writing in hopes of reminding you all of the upcoming student division
conference call that will be held on Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 7pm.
This is an important conference call for any students and chapter members
that are interested in the topics being discussed and supported at the
Richmond and Washington seminars in January. At 7pm, the newly elected
student officers will be introducing themselves and explaining what their
goals for the division will be. At 7:15pm, the Virginia representative of
the National Association of Blind Students (NABS), Luke Schwinck, will be
speaking to the group about the student’s role in Washington Seminar as per
national federation beliefs. Finally, at 7:45pm, our past affiliate
president, Michael Kasey, will be discussing the students and chapter
member’s responsibility to their affiliate at both Washington and Richmond
seminar. I truly believe that anyone that will be attending either of these
seminars should be present to hear what these two seasoned Federationists
will be bringing to the table. This is an ideal informational session for
any first time attendees, students, and veteran affiliate members that may
have a few questions about their role at both seminars.

The call-in credentials for the student division informational conference
call is 641 715 3655 <(641)%20715-3655>. The access code is 568305. You may
notice that this is a different number and code from the last notification
I sent out. This is because we decided to use our official conference line
to host this call, despite the fact that non-students are invited to join
in. I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

www.nfbv.org