[Nfbv-announce] Fwd: Funding the Movement – Join Our NFBV Fundraising Committee

Christopher Vinson chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 23:00:54 UTC 2017

Dear Federation Family,

I hope this email finds you well and that you have had a safe and
joyous holiday season. During the six months I have lived in Virginia
I have discovered the fantastic things that we are doing to help blind
Virginians live the lives they want. From our BELL programs that put
braille in the hands of blind children, the McDonald fellowship
program which provides mentoring to new Federationists,to  our student
division activities that inspire and engage our blind youth. We are
working every day to spread the NFB philosophy here in Virginia. I am
excited to be part of such an active, energetic, and enthusiastic
affiliate.

While we do receive grants and donations for our various programs, the
bulk of the money for them comes from fundraising. Every Virginia
peanut, every raffle ticket, and every auction item that was sold
helps us maintain our current programs and inspires us to create new
ones.

President Soforanko has asked me to put together a committee dedicated
to fundraising. If you have an interest in serving on a statewide
fundraising committee or have an idea for an affiliate fundraiser
please send an email to dlawless86 at gmail.com. I will send out further
information regarding a conference call in the near future. Any ideas
and expertise are welcome.

Thank you,
Domonique Lawless
dlawless86 at gmail.com