[Nfbv-announce] Register for an Open Shift for the Virginia Table

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 02:22:28 UTC 2017

From: Robert Parsons [mailto:rob.parso3389 at gmail.com]
Greetings Federation Family

We are less than two weeks away from our family reunion down in sunny
Orlando, Florida and I am excited to see everyone at the Rosen Shingle Creek
in July. I wanted to impress upon our membership and affiliate the
importance of our presence at the Virginia table this year. As most of us
are aware of, the Virginia affiliate has a table every year at the exhibit
hall during national convention. It is here that our members can make new
friends, network, and of course, fundraise for our affiliate. As in recent
years, we will be selling our famous Virginia peanuts for the attendees of
the exhibit hall. In addition, we will be selling high quality Maxell ear
buds. importantly, our Virginia peanuts are only famous because of the
charm, dedication, and influence that our membership applies during the
exhibit hall. It is the words, personalities, and overall jovial
representation of our affiliate that entices the individuals in the hall to
purchase items at our table. Without each of you, our fundraising efforts
would not be the same. With this being stated, I urge all members to
consider registering for a shift at the Virginia table this year. There are
still a few spots open for members that want to enjoy the connections and
opportunities to service our affiliate on a national level. Each shift is 2
hours long and there are 2 people assigned to a shift. Only through our
diligence, friendliness, and ability to connect with the public will we see
success this year. Please review the open shifts below and consider
registering with me by Sunday, July 2, 2017 for me to fashion a complete
schedule for the affiliate.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

11am-1pm: 1 spot

1pm-3pm: 2 spots

3pm-5pm: 1 spot

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

12:30pm-2:30pm: 2 spots

2:30pm-4:30pm: 2 spots

Thursday, July 13, 2017

7pm-9pm: 1 spot

Friday, July 14, 2017

12pm-1:45pm: 2 spots

Please feel free to message me your desired shift at rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
<mailto:rob.parso3389 at gmail.com> . I look forward to connecting with you all
in Orlando.

Blessings

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 200 3275

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass