[Nfbv-announce] Reminder to RSVP for the Richmond Chapter Chili Festival and Cookoff

Chris Walker chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 21:37:00 UTC 2017

Greetings Federation Family

What a winter it was, or is, I am not sure because of how much the weather
is changing in Virginia. What I am sure of, however, is that with the
Richmond chapter is where you want to be on March 25, 2017. The Richmond
chapter chili festival and cookoff is boiling with excitement and support
and this is one event you do not want to miss. Between delicious chili,
assorted cornbread’s and desserts, and fabulous door prize opportunities,
it will be the best $5 you have spent in 2017. Not to mention, we will have
some celebrity guest judges from Virginia and some quality fun with old
friends. It is truly a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. To make
this event a reality for yourself, here is the basic information.

Time: 11am-3pm
Location: Saint bridget Catholic Church
Address: 6006 Three Chopt Rd.

It is not too late to RSVP for this event. You have until Wednesday, March
15 (one week from today), to RSVP and be eligible for a chance to win a
door prize. If you do not RSVP, there will not be a table setting made for
you and you will not be entered in for a door prize, so please register to
assure your spot is saved. You can RSVP by contacting me at 804 200 3275 or
by emailing me at rob.parso3389 at gmail.com. When doing this, simply state
your name so that it is on our list at the door.

If you would like to compete in the chili cookoff and get a chance to win a
cash prize, please call Marquana Williams, coordinator, at 804 301 6429.
Keep in mind, those who enter a pot of chili in the contest do not pay the
$5 cover charge. We have 10 contestants entered in the chili contest so
far, so there is stiff competition and I am looking forward to having a
heaping sample of each pot

Finally, if you are unable to make it, we understand and are not upset with
you. We would, however, appreciate your support with a donation. The
Richmond will accept donations for the chili festival in the forms of
funds, desserts, or potential door prizes. We will credit you with the
donation at our event and will be forever grateful for your contribution.
Please call Domonique Lawless, First Vice President, at 615 904 4225.

We hope to get a chance to connect with all of you on the 25 of March and
thank you in advance for considering our event.

Blessings

Robert E. Parsons Jr.
President, Richmond Chapter
President, Virginia Association of Blind Students
National Federation of the Blind of Virginia (NFBV)
Randolph Macon College ‘18
Phone: 804 200 3275
“Without struggle, there is no progress.” – Frederick Douglass